Principal Contractors Tennis Court Division Pitch Division Multi-sports Division
What We Can Provide
- Full Construction Service - From removing the topsoil to handing the gate keys over, Spadeoak undertake all aspects of construction ensuring control on quality and delivery.
- Advice on Design - Spadeoak frequently assist in design of sports areas using the benefit of experience across the highest profile and most complex of projects.
- Credit Worthiness - As part of Aggregate Industries we have unrivalled financial backing to enable us to get the best service and prices from our suppliers
- Insurance Cover - Our considerable insurance levels offer clients true peace of mind that Spadeoak will meet our word and warrantees.
- Choice of Surfaces - With suppliers keen to work with us, we are able to offer our clients a wide choice of suitable surfaces, free of any bias.
- Experience - Having worked across the highest profile events and on some of the most complex projects, Spadeoak can be relied upon to meet expectations.
Our Sports Services
Our renowned sports division can boast an extensive, prestigious and satisfied client history which is testament to our high quality of service and installation. With commitment, diligence and dedication; we continually deliver high-class facilities to enable sport to be played and enjoyed throughout the UK. A well planned, efficiently designed and expertly installed sports facility is a key ingredient to the pursuit of sport. From all weather pitches to tracks, MUGAs to velodromes, Spadeoak has it covered.
The culture of Spadeoak is based on a “can do” attitude. We welcome the opportunity to support our customers to develop cost effective construction solutions and have a flexible approach and resources to ensure that each project is successfully delivered to budget and programme. We have developed an outstanding reputation for the quality of work carried out by our own multi-skilled directly employed workforce supported by a robust supply chain of specialist subcontractors and suppliers.
Such an attitude and approach has seen us build and administer some of the country’s most prestigious sporting projects which include numerous works at the Olympic Park and Athletes Village; National Sports Centres; leading universities; Royal Palaces; MoD sites and top sporting clubs across all categories.
Doing business with Spadeoak means securing a complete quality package, combining a competitive price; the ideal surface and an expert team to advise and install.
A key area where we differ from most sports contractors is that the majority of each project is carried out by our own directly employed resources; we have around 150 permanent employees and extensive fleet of plant and machinery.
An expert sales team is on hand to identify your exact requirements and make you fully aware of all the suitable options available from our broad portfolio.
Sport England Approved Contractor
Spadeoak has been selected by Sport England to support their framework for the Design and Construction of Artificial Outdoor Sports Surfaces. The requirements include visiting and surveying sites for condition and suitability, preparing feasibility reports including outline design proposals, consulting with local Planning and Building Control departments, preparation and submission of necessary Planning and Building Control applications and developing detailed design solutions as well as the construction process itself. The framework will provide Clients with an informed ‘one stop shop’ for their project.
This 4 year framework agreement is a part of a new strategy by Sport England to facilitate the delivery of new and upgraded sports facilities across England initially in support of the £50m Inspired themed round of the Places People Play programme, but also subsequent funding programmes.
The framework agreement is also available for use directly by other public sector bodies and National Governing Bodies of Sport, etc in England with the aim that community level projects are provided in line with Sport England’s best practice documentation and Design Guidance Notes.
Further information regarding Sport England’s Inspired themed round can be found at inspiredfacilities.sportengland.org.
Recent Clients Include:
- Hockey Centre, Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games - Construction of Competition and warm up pitches
- Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre - Construction of two water based hockey pitches, home to England and GB hockey teams
- Millfield School - Water based hockey pitch reconstruction
- Dundee City Council, Velodrome – Banked cycle track resurface.
- Sports Technology International, 2012 Olympic Games Works – Olympic Competition and warm up hockey pitches, Olympic Park – Games Time Training Venue twin pitches at Old Loughtonians Hockey Club.
- PJ Carey Ltd, Olympic Park – construction of all 13 Eton Manor Paralympic Tennis Courts
- Osborne Construction Ltd, Athletes Village – Construction of synthetic pitch, tennis courts, polymeric MUGA, 9 bay cricket nets and futsal courts.
- Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre - Construction of 3G full size football and hockey pitch
- All England Lawn Tennis Club - Annual resurfacing of hard courts
Mr Dave Richardson
|Tel||+44 (0) 1628 529421|
|Fax||+44 (0) 1628 810509|