SportSURF – A Network on Sport Surface Interactions
This new network commenced in May 2005 and aims to bring together, for the first time, a broad range of stakeholders, comprising academics, practitioners, and sport governing bodies to share ideas and consolidate current knowledge, discuss and formulate research needs, disseminate the outcomes and seek funding for the long-term benefit of this important topic.
The proposed network is unique in its balance of research and practice to advance the science and understanding of player and ball surface interactions and innovate the better engineering of surfaces to benefit play and users’ health.
The specific objectives of the network are:
• to create a new interdisciplinary sports surfaces community
• to host stimulating meetings/workshops open to all interested parties/ stakeholders including a new conference dedicated to this subject area
• to transfer ideas, techniques, models and technology between researchers and practitioners
• to produce multidisciplinary research proposals
• to disseminate the network outcomes widely
Dr Paul Fleming
Dept of Civil & Building Engineering
|Tel||+44 (0)1509 222616|
|Fax||+44 (0)1509 223981|