Why Join SAPCA?
SAPCA is an open and inclusive organisation that welcomes applications from any specialist company that is actively involved in the sports and play construction industry in the UK and which meets the relevant criteria for membership.
As a trade association SAPCA exists to support and promote the business success of its members, by providing a variety of benefits and services. However, SAPCA has always sought to benefit its members through its main objective of raising the standards of sports and play facilities, and through the recognition of the SAPCA membership badge as a mark of quality.
SAPCA's membership structure includes specific Groups and Divisions for different contractors according to the scope of their activities, as well as for manufacturers and suppliers, independent consultants and test laboratories. The precise membership criteria vary according to the type of membership. Affiliate Members join on an honorary basis, and are mainly related organisations with which SAPCA has a close working relationship.
SAPCA is a non-profit-seeking organisation, funded by member companies. Registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee, any surpluses created by the Association's activities are reinvested in the industry for the benefit of members. The annual fees for membership of SAPCA also vary according to the type of membership.
Companies choose to join SAPCA for a variety of different reasons. Some of the main benefits of membership are explained below.
- Use of the SAPCA Marque - members are allowed to display the SAPCA logo on their own marketing materials. This demonstrates to potential customers that SAPCA companies have the requisite expertise and experience and work to high standards of construction. The SAPCA logo is a badge of quality, as SAPCA members must comply with strict membership criteria, meet the standards laid down in the Association's Codes of Practice and abide by the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Quality Assurance System - in order to ensure that member companies maintain high standards and continue to meet the necessary criteria for membership, SAPCA operates a Quality Assurance system. This includes the Technical Audit programme, through which independent inspections are carried out periodically of contractor members' work. Companies are also required to meet SAPCA's criteria for financial stability both on admission to the Association and on an annual basis, in order to renew the company's membership each year. The Quality Assurance system is very important in providing reassurance to potential customers, and also provides member companies with valuable information.
- Promotion of Members - SAPCA provides valuable exposure for its members to the UK marketplace through its close cooperation with sports governing bodies, its relationship with key industry publications, its programme of one-day exhibitions and seminars and its participation in other high-profile events.
- Inclusion on Website - all SAPCA members have a detailed individual profile on the extensive SAPCA website. The SAPCA Membership Database and Trade Name Directory can be searched online and are used by potential customers to source specialist suppliers for their sports and play facility projects. SAPCA members are invited to provide news stories for inclusion on the SAPCA website, showcasing their latest products and projects, which are then promoted to the marketplace through the regular SAPCA News Update email service.
- Access to Sport Governing Bodies - SAPCA works closely with the various sports governing bodies, funding agencies and other key organisations in order to help to raise the standards of sports and play facilities throughout the country. As a result, a growing number of these organisations actively support SAPCA and recommend that those developing their facilities use SAPCA members for their projects.
- Codes of Practice - one of the most important ways in which SAPCA works to improve standards is through the development and publication of a series of Codes of Practice, for the design, selection, construction and maintenance of a number of different types of sports and play facilities and products. These are a valuable resource for SAPCA members and the wider marketplace, but as they are written by the leading industry experts, SAPCA members have the important opportunity to contribute their own expertise to the Codes of Practice and the Association's other technical guidance.
- SAPCA Conference - SAPCA's Annual Conference for Members, held each January, is one of the most important events of the industry's year. The Conference provides a valuable opportunity for members to get up-to-date on a wide range of business-related subjects, and to meet new and existing colleagues from across the industry. The Annual Dinner, held on the same day, is one of SAPCA's most popular events with members and guests.
- Technical Meeting - SAPCA's annual Technical Meeting, held in November, is a relatively new event, (having been launched in 2010), but has quickly become a key date in the industry's calendar. The Technical Meeting focuses on a wide range of topical technical matters and enables the industry to debate the issues that are essential to the delivery of high standards of facilities for customers.
- Education Programme - SAPCA provides member companies with an expanding programme of qualifications and training opportunities. This includes: the NVQ Level 2 in Sports and Play Installation for site operatives (delivered in cooperation with SAPCA National Training Centre at South Birmingham College); the SAPCA Certificate in Management and Leadership (delivered in cooperation with the Business School at Loughborough University); and an ongoing programme of training courses and seminars.
- Technical Mediation - SAPCA offers an impartial mediation service to help to resolve any technical disputes or complaints that may sometimes arise with customers of the Association's Principal Contractor and Surfacing Contractor members. Drawing on the expertise of appropriate specialists in the industry the service can provide a fair and effective means of resolving issues, for the benefit of both members and their customers.Export Promotion - SAPCA is recognised by UK Trade & Investment as an Accredited Trade Organisation (ATO), and consequently can apply for financial assistance to support UK companies when attending approved events overseas. SAPCA leads a delegation of UK exhibitors to the biennial FSB trade fair in Cologne, Germany. As well as providing support services during the event SAPCA assists eligible companies in applying for grants through UKTI's Trade Access Programme (TAP).
- Information Service - through its monthly "On The Level" e-newsletter and information bulletins, SAPCA provides members with regular news updates covering everything from government policy and funding to new regulations affecting the industry.
- Networking Opportunities - an important benefit of membership is the opportunity to meet up with fellow members at meetings and events arranged by the Association. In addition to various member meetings, seminars and workshops, each year SAPCA stages its Conference, Annual Dinner, Technical Meeting, AGM and Golf Day.
Enter your email address to join:
Seminar Presentations Now Available
Follow the link for presentations given at The Sports Facility Show, Ravenscraig, 30 April 2013.
The Sports Facility Show
The second Sports Facility Show for 2013 will be held at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on 27 June 2013.
Learn more and register...