SAPCA Technical Meeting 2012back to list
Holywell Park, Loughborough University: Wednesday 5 December 2012
SAPCA’s annual Technical Meeting provides an invaluable educational event for everyone who is involved in sports and play facility construction, as well as an excellent opportunity to network with colleagues from across the SAPCA membership and the wider industry.
The Technical Meeting focuses on a wide range of important topics, in both plenary and parallel sessions, but scheduled so as to allow plenty of opportunity for debate and interaction between delegates. There is also an exhibition throughout the day for specialist providers of products and services. The programme includes the following topics:
- Delivering Quality in a Difficult Economy
- Whose Design is it Anyway?
- Performance Standards for Sports Surfaces: Current Work and Future Changes
- Monitoring Performance in Drainage, Maintenance & Player Interaction: What are the Key Messages for the Industry?
- Focus on Natural Sports Turf (Supported by British Sugar Topsoil)
- Understanding Topsoil: Standards, Analysis & Testing
- Forum: Drainage Systems: What Works Best?
- Standards and Specifications for Natural Sports Turf: Are We Raising Standards?
- Focus on Synthetic Sports Facilities
- The Role of Quality Assurance During Construction
- The Design of Cost-Effective Indoor Sports Halls
- Delivering Sustainable Sports Lighting
- Focus on Play Surfaces & Facilities (Supported by RoSPA)
- Installation & Performance of Play Surfaces: Issues, Problems & Solutions
- The Benefit of On-Site Testing of Play Surfaces
- Managing Risk in Play: Providing Reassurance to Clients
The full programme may be downloaded by following the link below.
Delegate Registration Fees
The cost of attendance is just £150 (plus VAT) per delegate and includes:
- Technical Meeting Delegate Pack
- All Technical Meeting sessions
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Buffet lunch
- Access to Exhibition
Technical Meeting Dinner
The day will be completed with the Technical Meeting Dinner in the evening, at the nearby Burleigh Court Hotel, where overnight accommodation is available. The Dinner is a very popular, informal occasion, when delegates will be able to relax and enjoy excellent food, company and entertainment. Our special guest this year is “performer, innovator, lecturer and author” Jon Allen. Jon is a member of the Inner Magic Circle.
Places at the Dinner are available at just £35 plus VAT, and include:
- Pre-Dinner Drinks Reception
- Three-course Dinner
- Evening entertainment - Special Guest: Mr Jon Allen
There are several hotel options available onsite or very close to Loughborough University. All bookings for accommodation should be made through the Reservations Department of Imago at Loughborough on 01509 228140. More details are available from the Imago web site at www.welcometoimago.com. When booking be sure to refer to the SAPCA Technical Meeting for our special hotel rates.
How to Register
To book Delegate places at the Technical Meeting, simply download, complete and return the Registration Form as soon as possible. An acknowledgment will be sent together with an invoice for the total cost, which will be due for payment by Friday 30 November 2012. All Delegates will receive joining instructions prior to the event.
5 December 2012 - Holywell Business Park within Loughborough University
Enter your email address to join:
Downloads & Links
Seminar Presentations Now Available
Follow the link for presentations given at The Sports Facility Show, Ravenscraig, 30 April 2013.
The Sports Facility Show
The second Sports Facility Show for 2013 will be held at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on 27 June 2013.
Learn more and register...