Certificate in Management & Leadership
The SAPCA Certificate in Management and Leadership is a part-time management development qualification that combines skills training with knowledge development. It covers the fundamentals of management training but is specifically tailored for the sports and play construction industry.
Who is it aimed at?
The qualification is designed for managers with at least three years’ relevant experience who are seeking to develop practical skills whilst working towards a university award. The modules are experiential and interactive, combining skills training with knowledge development, The focus is on real situations from the workplace that are relevant to their roles, to enable effective learning of management tools that will benefit their work and their companies.
Benefits to Companies:
Benefits to Candidates:
How long will it take and what is included?
Full Course: The Certificate will normally take approximately 14-18 months to complete. It includes six individual modules which will each be delivered in a two-day block release format at Loughborough’s Professional and Management Development Centre. For each two-day module there will be one piece of assessed coursework which will be a work-based assignment designed for maximum applicability and relevance to company delegates.
Short Course: Individual modules can be also taken and credits can count towards the Certificate. The modules can also be taken without Certificate assessment i.e. on an attendance basis only. The Short Course offers employers the ideal cost-effective way to address crucial skills gaps.
Leading People to Influence Performance - Key to the successful management of people is the requirement to understand what makes successful managers and leaders. Enhances understanding of these essentials and develops influencing, performance management and coaching skills.
- Information Management - A broad appreciation of the purpose and use of information and information systems in business and to explore the development of Information Management within participants' companies.
- Marketing - develop participants' understanding of the basic concept of marketing. It is also intended that they should have an understanding of market segmentation and the elements that go to make up the marketing mix.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Enhance participants' views of behavioural, group and modelling facets of problem-solving and decision-making in organisations; and provide an opportunity to practice group problem solving activity in an environment where experimentation is encouraged and rewarded.
- Financial Management - Familiarise participants with the language and role of financial management within organisations. Technical knowledge and skills will be developed to interpret and analyse financial statements so enable effective participation in commercial financial management.
- Planning and Operations - Broad understanding of organisational objectives and plans and the importance of maintaining and monitoring operational activities to meet organisational profitability, productivity and quality standards.
How much will it cost?
Full Course: The total cost of the qualification is £3,850 (the course is offered at a discounted rate and payments will be split interest free over the course duration to delegates from SAPCA companies). This represents excellent value for an internationally recognised qualification in Leadership and Management from one of the UK’s leading universities.
Short Course: Individual modules cost £650 without Certificate assessment and £700 with assessment.
Enter your email address to join:
The Sports Facility Show
The second Sports Facility Show for 2013 will be held at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on 27 June 2013.
See the full programme and register...
Seminar Presentations Now Available
Follow the link for presentations given at The Sports Facility Show, Ravenscraig, 30 April 2013.